We support the Global Compact
SEMIKRON joined the United Nations’ Global Compact Initiative in May 2012. In this initiative, more than 8,700 companies from 140 countries oblige to align their business activities and strategies with universally recognised principles from the fields of human rights, work standards, environmental protection and anti-corruption. SEMIKRON’s commitment to human rights, environmental protection, compliance with anti-corruption principles and our employment policy are therefore supervised by the UN Global Compact Initiative.
At the same time, we take on projects that drive the UN’s broader development goals. The implementation of the universal principles is a long-term process that requires the management team’s permanent support by ongoing activities and partnerships, and that requires the company’s explicit commitment to learn and engage in practice.
These are the 10 principles we have committed ourselves to:
- We support and respect the protection of international human rights.
- We ensure not to be co-responsible for human rights violations.
- We preserve the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining.
- We commit ourselves to the elimination of any form of forced labour.
- We commit ourselves to the elimination of child labour.
- We commit ourselves to the elimination of discrimination in employment and work.
- We apply the principle of prevention in the handling of environmental problems.
- We take initiatives to build greater environmental awareness.
- We accelerate the development and the proliferation of green technologies.
- We stand up against all kinds of corruption, including blackmailing and bribery.
These principles are deducted from:
- Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- Declaration of Fundamental Principles And Rights at Work of the International Labour Association
- Principles of the Rio Declaration on Environment And Development
- UN Anti-Corruption Convention