3-Level Power Modules
SEMIKRON provides the most comprehensive portfolio of 3-level power modules. Both, NPC and TNPC topologies are available, covering a current range from 20A to 600A, with voltages from 600V to 1700V.
3-Level Power Modules Benefits
SEMIKRON 3-level power modules are the right choice whenever the quality of a voltage output signal is important in an application. With 3-level topologies the effort for the output filtering can be reduced as the line-to-line output voltage contains less harmonic distortion with the same switching frequency, leading to lower filter and system cost.
Additionally the inverter losses are reduced and thus system efficiency increases. SEMIKRON has extensive experience in 3-level applications, providing 3-level solutions, both NPC and TNPC topologies, in a variety of packages and contact technologies for over 10 years.
This allows SEMIKRON to create perfectly tailored 3-level modules for every application, with dedicated chipsets ranging from medium power IGBTs up to fast switching silicon carbide devices to enable you to take full advantage of 3-level technology. Further, SEMIKRON provides full application and design-in support with sophisticated simulation tools, evaluation PCBs and a fully assembled 3-level evaluation system based on MiniSKiiP.
3-Level Power Modules Key Features
- Comprehensive 3-level portfolio covering all SEMIKRON contact technologies
- NPC and TNPC topologies
- Application dedicated chipsets for optimised performance, including latest silicon and silicon carbide chip technologies
- Less filtering due to lower harmonic distortion of the output voltage
- Covering all voltage classes: 600/650V, 1200V, and 1700V
- Current range from 20A up to 600A
3-Level Power Modules Applications
3-level power modules are most interesting for applications that need a high quality output voltage with low distortion and that require filtering on the output side, like solar inverters and UPS.
3-Level Power Modules Product Range
Today the module portfolio covers a wide current range from 20A to 600A with blocking voltages from 600V to 1700V in SEMITOP, MiniSKiiP, SEMITRANS 5, SKiM4 and SEMiX 5. The latest chip generations of the leading suppliers are implemented, including fast switching IGBTs and diodes. Silicon carbide chips are available as well for optimised performance in your application.
3-Level Power Modules Product Highlights
- SEMITOP is available with solder or press-fit pins in fully compatible layouts for full design flexibility
- 3-phase inverter in TNPC topology with 40A and 1200V in one MiniSKiiP 3 housing for compact inverter designs
- 200A and 1200V TNPC phase leg in MiniSKiiP 3 for highest power density
- Most TNPC modules with 650V rated chips in the horizontal leg for increased switching speeds, SEMiX 5 even with 1200V chips in 200A and 300A
- NPC topology with 1200V chips in MiniSKiiP, SKiM 4 and SEMiX 5 are targeted for higher DC-bus voltages in solar applications
- In NPC topology SKiM 4 is available with 1700V chips and a current rating of 200A
- In TNPC topology SEMiX 5 is available with 1700V chips in the vertical and 1200V chips in the horizontal leg to support 1500V DC bus in Solar applications
Our Contacts for Your 3-Level Solution
The SEMIKRON 3-level power modules cover the full range of the SEMIKRON contact technologies to give the highest flexibility for your 3-level solution: