IGBT Inverter Stacks from 75kVA up to 1300kVA
SEMIKUBE® SlimLine – All the SEMIKUBE Experience in a Compact Design
Benefit from the SEMIKUBE experience and discover the new SEMIKRON SlimLine platform. Powerful, compact, precise, long lifetime – these are the attributes of the SEMIKUBE SlimLine.
SEMIKUBE® SlimLine Benefits
SEMIKUBE SlimLine platform has been designed to fit applications in severe environments. Suitable for outdoor cabinets, the platform can be placed in environments subject to high temperature fluctuations. Extremely slim, the platform can be mounted into 300mm deep cabinets. The platform design facilitates cabinet integration owing to the separation of the main cooling air flow through the heatsink and its IP54 rated mounting flange.
Extending the SEMIKUBE portfolio, the SEMIKUBE SlimLine platform is able to integrate , thanks to its optimized layout, state of the art hybrid SiC and full SiC module. This family of pre-qualified power assemblies follow the same rigorous SEMIKRON qualification and certifications. The platform integrates advanced technologies, which maximize performance and power density.
SEMIKUBE® SlimLine Key Features
- Air cooled IGBT power assembly
- Power density up to 7.5kVA/L
- Four frame sizes ranging from 75kVA up to 1300kVA
- Maximum output current from 150A up to 1500A
- Switching frequency up to 15kHz
- AC output voltage up to 690VAC
- DC bus voltage up to 1200VDC
- Current measurement tolerance <1%
- THEATSINK, VDC, IOUT : analogue measurement
- Operating temperature range: -30°C to +60°C
- Integration into 300mm deep cabinet possible
- IP54 mounting
- UL1741 1000V ready
- CAN interface for settings and error diagnostic
SEMIKUBE® SlimLine Applications
The SEMIKUBE SlimLine is optimised for solar central inverters. Designed for the most commonly used central inverter ratings on the market, i.e. 500kW, 670kW to as high as 900kW, the SEMIKUBE SlimLine 3-phase inverter operates up to 1000VDC bus voltage with 1200V modules, and 1200VDC bus voltage with 1700V power modules. Designed in accordance with IEC 62109, this platform is poised to obtain UL 1000V recognition. SEMIKUBE SlimLine complies with most AC Drive application requirements, offering typical electrical topologies including controlled or uncontrolled rectifier, an IGBT inverter and a brake chopper. The new slimmer frame design, with front access for the power connections, simplifies integration of the electrical power distribution arrangement inside the cabinet. The current measurement tolerance of 1% (at 25°C) allows for premium motor control required for highly dynamic applications and motion control systems.
SEMIKUBE® SlimLine Product Range
The SEMIKUBE SlimLine offers four frame sizes of continuous rated current from 150A to 1500A, using SEMITRANS 1200V and 1700V IGBT Trench E4 modules. Hybrid SiC module version is also available for SL20. The IGBTs are controlled by a SEMIKRON embedded driver, which provides gate signals, control and error management, as well as analogue measurements of current, DC voltage and heatsink temperature. A CAN interface is available for parameter configuration and diagnostics monitoring. Custom factory settings to meet specific application requirements can also be set via the CAN interface during manufacture. Air cooling for SEMIKUBE SlimLine is provided by highly efficient long life axial fans, realizing maximum power within a compact package.
Compact and Precise
Slim profile, easy integration
- All frames <260mm deep
- DC and AC power connection at front
- Heat sink cooling separate from component side
- Fully integrated safety management
High accuracy measurement
- <1% current sensing accuracy at 25°C, from IOUT (phase) to driver IOUT analogue current output
- Reduced temperature drift in current sensor accuracy
- <3% current sensing tolerance across an operating temperature range of -30°C to +60°C parameter setting and error diagnostic by CAN
Solar PV inverter application
- 500kW Solar inverter within 800mmx600mm footprint cabinet
- Filter cooling using inverter fan airflow
- IP54 separation with cooling air