SEMITRANS® 10 – 500kW up to 1.5MW
SEMITRANS 10 is a robust industrial standard package with copper baseplate and screw terminals for the power connections. The SEMITRANS 10 package is a low-inductance design and is available in 1200V (1400A) and 1700V (1000A/1400A) half-bridge topologies as well as MLI in 1200V IGBT technology and 1200A nominal output current. High availability is ensured by the use of multiple IGBT sources and SEMIKRON CAL diodes.
SEMITRANS® 10 Benefits
SEMITRANS 10 is based on an industry standard package making use of the latest silicon as well as the most recent packaging technology. This gives SEMITRANS 10 a big advantage with regard to reliability, especially thermal robustness as well as enhanced switching performance.
- Robust industrial standard package
- Competitive second source IGBT
- Optimised low stray inductance design for safe operation with high DC-link voltages
- Unique low-loss switching profile
- Viable package architecture for future high temperature chip generations
Direct Pressed Die Technology
SEMITRANS 10 is the first standard package introducing Direct Pressed Die (DPD) technology. DPD could increased the output power by more than 30% compared to the standard SEMITRANS 10 and this by sticking to the same IGBT & Diode technology.
- Ultra Low Rth Design
- Unreached Output Performance
- Extended silicon real estate
- Single AC Terminal allowing easy upgrade of existing stack designs
- Superb switching characteristics by optimized flex layer design
- More output power @ lower losses
- PC greater than 200.000 cycles @dT 110K
- TC greater than 1000 cycles @dT 165K
SEMITRANS® 10 Key Features
- Fully compatible with industry standard
- Half-bridge topology
- Current rating from 1000A to 1400A
- Enhanced switching performance
- Isolated copper baseplate using DBC
- Integrated gate resistors
- Integrated temperature sensor
- High isolation voltage
SEMITRANS® 10 Applications
This proven package is designed for a wide range of applications such as regenerative inverters up to 1500V DC bus and power supplies which have to meet strict service life and robustness requirements. Thanks to the flexibility and scaling capabilities that this architecture boasts.
More output power with symmetric paralleling
SEMITRANS 10 and SKYPER Prime have been optimised to provide outstanding performance, a multitude of features and sophisticated paralleling.
- Digital signal processing in the SKYPER Prime driver ensures stable switching and error characteristics across the entire temperature range
- Stable positive and negative gate voltages for symmetric current sharing
- Direct paralleling of error, sense and switching signals
- Symmetric gate control with centralised signal distribution
- Board-to-board solution eliminates the need for costly cable and connector assemblies
Superior dynamic switching behaviour
- Superior switching performance based on second source IGBT series in combination with Semikron CAL diodes
- Low switching and conduction loss profile
- Optimised internal bus bar ensures balanced load among the individual IGBTs and diodes
Future proof package materials
The package materials in SEMITRANS 10 have been optimised for high temperatures. This ensures stable and reliable operation with today’s chip generations of chip operating junction temperatures of 150°C and future chip technologies with maximum junction temperatures up to 200°C.
Highly reliable and low stray inductance design
- Optimised bus bar design and DBC layout ensures low internal stray inductance
SEMITRANS® 10 Portfolio
The SEMITRANS 10 package is available in 1200V (1400A) and 1700V (1000A/1400A) half-bridge topologies as well as MLI in 1200V IGBT technology and 1200A nominal output current.
|Type designation||Vces in V||Inom in A||Topology|