High Power Standard – No Compromises
SEMITRANS® 20 – The next generation standard power module
As the new high power standard in Traction, Renewables and Drives, the SEMITRANS 20 represents the next generation power module for high power applications. The SEMITRANS 20 product family features two different versions:
SEMITRANS 20 Traction: rolling stock reliability, and
SEMITRANS 20 Industrial: optimized for wind, solar and drive applications.
The SEMITRANS 20 is ideal for paralleling, allowing for scalable high power inverter platforms and reducing the total cost of ownership.
SEMITRANS® 20 Benefits
The SEMITRANS 20 product family increases product lifetimeand power output. Multiple chip sources provide the highest supply chain safety. SEMITRANS 20 modules deliver significant advantages on the high power inverter market:
- A simplified inverter design leads to reduced costs for mounting materials as well as in the inverter assembly process
- More space for driver boards and less magnetic field disturbance from high current bus bars to the driver
- Three AC terminal connectors for low operating temperatures even at high loads
- Less derating at parallel operation thanks to the low-inductance bus bar layout and the extremely low module inductance
- Ideal for cost-effective inverter design and scaling
On top of this, the SEMITRANS 20 TRACTION module provides SEMIKRON innovative technologies such as sintered chips, AlCu wire bonds, Si3N4 ceramics and AlSiC baseplate. This takes reliability and power density to new levels, resulting in:
- Superior product lifetime
- Lower cost per kW
- Smaller volume per kW
SEMITRANS® 20 Key Features
- Standard package for traction and industrial applications
- Innovative technologies with sintered chips and AlCu wire bonds
- Next level lifetime and power density
- Lower mounting and material cost in inverter assemblies
- Ideal for paralleling and scaling
SEMITRANS® 20 Applications
High-power industrial and traction inverters in:
- Wind turbines
- Solar inverters
- Motor drives
- Energy storage systems
- Grid and infrastructure
- EV charging infrastructure
SEMITRANS® 20 Product Range
The SEMITRANS 20 comes in two different package technologies for industrial and traction applications. Power and auxiliary connectors as well as mounting positions in the industrial and traction versions are 100% compatible with each other.
- SEMITRANS 20 TRACTION: 1700V / 1200A and 1700V / 1000A
- SEMITRANS 20 INDUSTRIAL: 1700V / 1200A, 1700V / 1000A and 1200V / 1400A
The New High-Power Standard in Traction, Renewables and Drives
- Half-bridge configuration
- 6kV isolation voltage (1200A/1700V Traction)
- Multiple IGBT sources
- Very low stray inductance: 10nH
- Low loss design: homogeneous switching and extremely low overvoltage
- Integrated NTC temperature sensor
- Three AC connectors for low operating temperatures
Powerful and robust – without compromise
- SEMITRANS 20 TRACTION: next level reliability with SEMIKRON sinter technology, advanced AlCu wire bonding, Si3N4 ceramics and AlSiC baseplate.
- SEMITRANS 20 INDUSTRIAL: increased reliability for industrial applications.
- Both versions feature welded power terminals, high power density and overload robustness, longer product lifetime and low maintenance.