SKiM® 63/93 – 22kW up to 180kW
The most important feature for the automotive module is the reliability. Due to new thermal interface material with 20% improvement in thermal resistance and AlCu-bonded diodes with higher current load capacity the new SKiM-module can achieve an improvement of up to 23% with the same chip set and same lifetime or twice the power cycling capability in comparison to standard sinter modules!
SKiM® 63/93 Benefits
The SKiM63/93 modules can increase the reliability of inverters by several factors, even under substantial active and passive temperature swings. In addition to sintered chips, pressure contacts and springs technologies with AlCu-bonded diodes and high performance thermal grease the SKiM63/93 module shows a performance improvement of up to 23.3% for transient currents with the same chip set and the same lifetime than standard sinter modules.
SKiM® 63/93 Key Features
- IGBT power module in 6-pack configuration with 3 separated half bridges – SKiM 63/93
- Available in 600V, 1200V and 1700V and from 300A to 900A
- In 1200V, 600A also available in buck/boost configuration
- Solder-free design for highest durability
- Design without baseplate
- Solder-free mounting of the module and the driver PCB
- Low inductive design thanks to symmetrical layout
SKiM® 63/93 Applications
The SKiM 63/93 is designed for applications that require high inverter reliability. First of all this applies, of course, to automotive applications such as electric powertrains in electric utility vehicles, heavy-duty construction machinery and tractors, or even provide leading edge performance in super sports and race cars.
SKiM® 63/93 Product Range
The SKiM 63/93 offers 3-phase inverter topologies at 600V, 1200V and 1700V. The power ranges from 20kW to 180kW with nominal currents of 300A to 900A. Modules in buck and boost configuration for 1200V, 600A complete the portfolio. Driver solutions are available as well as an optimised water cooler for fast and customer friendly evaluation. In addition, paralleling boards for a simple and powerful half-bridge configuration are also available.
Advanced characteristics for higher transient currents
+23% improvement with same chip-set/lifetime
- Twice the higher power cycling capability compared to standard sinter modules
- New thermal interface material -20% improvement in thermal resistance
- AlCu-bonded diodes with higher current load capacity
Temperature cycling capability: 15 x higher
Enhanced torque and reliability performances with same chip set/modul size
- Advanced diode bond: Al cladded Cu bond wires
- Bonding with: standard bonding equipment, standard chip surface
- NEW: high performance thermal paste pre-applied
- Auxiliary contacts: Pressure contacted to DBC and PCB
- Power terminals: Pressure contacted to DBC
- Chip: Sintered to DBC , alu-bonded diodes
- No base plate: Directly pressed to heat sink. Excellent thermal fl ow with only 25μm thermal paste thickness