SKiM® 63/93 – 22kW up to 180kW
In e-mobility applications reliability is the most important feature. Thanks to new thermal interface material with a 20% improvement in thermal resistance and AlCu-bonded diodes with higher current carrying capacity, the new SKiM-module can bring about an improvement of up to 23% with the same chip set and same lifetime or twice the power cycling capability in comparison to standard sinter modules!
SKiM® 63/93 Benefits
SKiM63/93 modules can increase the reliability of inverters many times over, even under substantial active and passive temperature swings. In addition to sintered chips, pressure contacts and spring technologies with AlCu-bonded diodes and high performance thermal grease, the SKiM 63/93 module delivers up to 23.3% better performance for transient currents with the same chip set and the same lifetime as standard sinter modules.
SKiM® 63/93 Key Features
- IGBT power module in sixpack configuration
- with 3 separate half-bridges – SkiM 63/93
- Available in 600V, 1200V and 1700V and from 200A to 900A
- In 1200V, 600A also available in buck/boost configuration – SKiM 63/93
- Solder-free design for extended service life
- Design without baseplate
- Solder-free module and driver PCB mounting
- Low-inductance design thanks to symmetrical layout
SKiM® 63/93 Applications
The SKiM 63/93 is designed for applications that require a high level of inverter reliability, in particular automotive applications such as electric powertrains in electric utility vehicles, heavyduty construction machinery and tractors. These modules are also used to deliver leading-edge performance in supersports and race cars.
SKiM® 63/93 Product Range
The SKiM 63/93 offers sixpack topologies at 600V, 1200V and 1700V. The power ranges from 20kW to 180kW with nominal currents of 300A to 900A. Modules in buck and boost configuration for 1200V, 600A round off the portfolio. Driver solutions are also available as is an optimised water cooler for fast and customer friendly evaluation. In addition, paralleling boards for a simple and powerful half-bridge configuration are also available.
Advanced Characteristics for Higher Transient Currents
+23% improvement with same chip-set/lifetime
- Twice the power cycling capability of standard sinter modules
- 20% improvement in thermal resistance thanks to new thermal interface material
- AlCu-bonded diodes with higher current carrying capacity
Temperature cycling capability: 15 x higher
Enhanced torque and reliability performances with same chip set/modul size
- Advanced diode bond: Al cladded Cu bond wires
- Bonding with: standard bonding equipment, standard chip surface
- NEW: pre-applied High Performance Thermal Paste
- Auxiliary contacts: Pressure contacted to DBC and PCB
- Power terminals: Pressure contacts for connection to DBC
- Chip: Sintered to DBC , Al or AlCu wire bonded diodes
- No baseplate: Directly pressed to heat sink. Excellent thermal flow with only 25μm thermal paste thickness