Improved reliability and performance thanks to advanced technology
SKiM® 63/93 – 22kW up to 180kW
In e-mobility applications, reliability is the most important feature.
Thanks to new thermal interface material with 20% thermal improvement and AlCu-bonded diodes with higher current carrying capacity, the new SKiM module can bring about an improvement of up to 23% with the same chip set and same lifetime or twice the power cycling capability in comparison to standard sinter modules!
SKiM® 63/93 Benefits
SKiM 63/93 modules increase inverter reliability, even under substantial active and passive temperature swings. Sintered chips, pressure contacts, spring technologies, AlCu-bonded diodes and high performance thermal grease allow the SKiM 63/93 to deliver up to 23% better performance for transient currents with the same chip set and the same lifetime as standard sinter modules.
SKiM® 63/93 Key Features
- IGBT power module in sixpack configuration
- Three separate half-bridges
- Available in 600V, 1200V and 1700V and from 200A to 900A
- 1200V/600A also available in buck/boost configuration
- Solder-free design for extended service life
- Baseplate-less design
- Solder-free module and driver PCB mounting
- Low inductance design thanks to symmetrical layout
SKiM® 63/93 Applications
The SKiM 63/93 is designed for applications that require a high level of inverter reliability, in particular automotive applications such as electric powertrains in electric utility vehicles, heavy-duty construction machinery and tractors. These modules are also used to deliver leading-edge performance in supersports and race cars.
SKiM® 63/93 Product Range
The SKiM 63/93 offers sixpack topologies at 600V, 1200V and 1700V. The power ranges from 20kW to 180kW from 300A to 900A. Modules in buck and boost configuration for 1200V/600A round off the portfolio. Driver solutions are also available as is an optimised water cooler for fast and customer friendly evaluation. In addition, paralleling boards for a simple and powerful half-bridge configuration are also available.
Advanced Characteristics for Higher Transient Currents
+23% improvement with same chip-set/lifetime
- Twice the power cycling capability of standard sinter modules
- 20% improvement in thermal resistance thanks to new thermal interface material
- AlCu-bonded diodes with higher current carrying capacity
Temperature cycling capability: 15 x higher
Enhanced torque and reliability performances with same chip set/module size
- Advanced diode bond: Al clad Cu bond wires
- Bonding with: standard bonding equipment, standard chip surface
- TIM: Pre-applied High Performance Thermal Paste
- Auxiliary contacts: Pressure contacted to DBC and PCB
- Power terminals: Pressure contacts for connection to DBC
- Chip: Sintered to DBC , Al or AlCu wire bonded diodes
- No baseplate: Directly pressed to heat sink. Excellent thermal flow with only 25μm thermal paste thickness