Bipolar modules from the market leader
SEMIPACK® – 4kW up to 800kW
SEMIPACK was the first insulated power module on the market, and more than 40 years later, it is still state-of-the-art. Today, the bipolar module product family boasts a comprehensive range of packages and configurations from the market leader to suit applications like drives, power supplies, or power quality.
SEMIPACK delivers a well-established industrial standard with regard to footprint and module outline. Thanks to the comprehensive product range, the ideal solution can be found for any application. With SemiSel, the free online calculation and simulation tool for losses and temperature, the power electronic system developer is able to make the perfect power module choice.
SEMIPACK® Key Features
- Industrial standard thyristor/diode modules
- Market experience for over 40 years
- Broad power and topology range
- 800V up to 2200V
- 15A up to 1360A
- Uncontrolled, half-controlled and controlled rectifiers
- Single thyristors and diodes
The target applications for the thyristor, thyristor/diode or diode modules include input rectifiers (single-phase, three-phase, uncontrolled, half-controlled or controlled) for inverters or UPS systems, soft start applications and control systems.
SEMIPACK® Product Range
The SEMIPACK product line is a comprehensive product range with seven module lines covering voltage classes from 800V to 2200V, insulation voltages of 3.6kV, 4.8kV@1s and a current range from 15A to 1360A. The SEMIPACK product line includes uncontrolled, half-controlled and controlled rectifier modules. Also available are, custom topologies, single thyristor or diode modules, and SEMIPACK modules featuring fast switching diodes for dedicated applications . The SEMIPACK FAST product line covers a current range from 40A to 600A with voltage classes from 600V to 1700V. The portfolio of the SEMIPACK product line is extended continuously to meet market requirements.
Comprehensive Product Range – Industrial Standard
Enhanced insulation voltage Visol = 4.8kV@1s
- All SEMIPACKs have an insulation voltage of 3.6kV@1s
- In some applications, a higher insulation voltage is needed. Suitable modules with an insulation voltage of 4.8kV@1s are also available to meet this demand.
Options for SEMIPACK 3
Customers can choose between two versions:
- High-reliability pressure contact modules for applications with heavy-duty load or high thermal cycling requirements
- Cost-effective bonded modules with identical footprint and terminals