100% solder-free ensures durability
The SKiM module can improve the reliability of inverters several times over, even under substantial active and passive temperature swings. In addition to sintered chips, pressure contacts and spring technology, the SKiM63/93 featuring AlCu-bonded diodes and high performance thermal grease delivers as much as 23.3% better performance with the same chip set and same lifetime or twice the power cycling capability of standard sinter modules. The SKiM 63/93 is also available with hybrid SiC technology to extend efficiency and switching frequency.
SKiM® Product Family
The SKiM 4/5 offers a wide variety of 6-pack and 3-level topologies and is designed as a highly reliable, baseplate-less module that meets the high demands of shock and vibration stability, as well as high temperature capability and service life.
Due to new thermal interface material and AlCu-bonded diodes the new SKiM 63/93 module can achieve an improvement of power density and is specially designed for the requirements of automotive applications.
SKiM® Short Facts
- No solder delamination thanks to sintered chips – SKiM 63/93
- 1500 temperature cycles without failure – SKiM 63/93
- Up to 23% more performance with AlCu-bonded diodes and high performance thermal grease
SKiM® Key Features
- IGBT power module in Sixpack configuration with 3 separate half-bridges - SKiM 63/93
- Available in 650V, 1200V and 1700V and from 200A to 900A
- NPC and TNPC configuration - SKiM4/5
- In 1200V, 600A also available in buck/boost configuration - SKiM 63/93
- Solder-free design for maximum durability - SKiM 63/93
- Design without baseplate
- Solder-free module and driver PCB mounting
- Low inductance design thanks to symmetrical layout
- Hybrid SiC version for maximum efficiency - SKiM 63/93
The SKiM 63/93 is designed for applications that require excellent inverter reliability. This applies first and foremost to automotive applications such as electric powertrains in electric utility vehicles, heavy-duty construction machinery and tractors. It can also provide leading-edge performance in super sports and race cars. The SKiM 4/5 with features proven 3-level topologies can be found in ambitious applications such as solar and UPS.
SKiM® Product Range
The SKiM 4/5 modules are available as sixpack, 3-level (NPC and TNPC) configurations with nominal currents from 200A to 600A. The SKiM 63/93 offers 3-phase inverter topologies at 650V, 1200V and 1700V. The power ranges from 20kW to 180kW with nominal currents of 300A to 900A. Modules in buck and boost configuration for 1200V/600A round off the portfolio. Driver solutions are available as is an optimised water cooler for fast and customer-friendly evaluation. In addition, paralleling boards for a simple and powerful half-bridge configuration are also available.