Intelligent power module (IPM) for increased reliability, integration and power density
Reach unprecedented power density with the most powerful Intelligent Power Module on the market. SKiiP increases reliability for demanding power cycling conditions thanks to silver sintering and High Performance Cooler Technology. Extend operation lifetime with Sinter Technology, increasing resilience to active and passive thermal cycling compared to a conventional solder approach.
SKiiP 4 digital drivers reduce design complexity and costly components, while guaranteeing safe isolation for both switching signals and parameter measurement. In addition to a high reliability design, SKiiP 4 drivers also include CAN-bus functionality.
SKiiP® Short Facts
- 4-in-1: Driver, Power semiconductors, Accurate current sensor and High Performance Cooling (HPC)
- 2-3 times higher power cycling capability thanks to sinter technology (SKiiP 4)
- 25% higher performance than conventional water coolers
- Fully assembled and 100% burn-in tested
- Single side and double side mounting on HPC water cooler
- Additional option: Higher Diode chip area for Wind Converter Generator side power converter
SKiiP® Key Features
- Integrated driver, semiconductor and High Performance Cooling (HPC)
- Integrated temperature measurement
- Integrated high accuracy current sensors
- Integrated DC-Link monitoring
- CAN-bus for configuration and read-out in SKiiP 4
- 100% solder-free sintered SKiiP 4
SKiiP fully meets the specific requirements for wind turbines in the 0.5 to 6MW power range. Besides In addition to wind power applications, SKiiP modules can are also be found in elevators, solar power inverters and railway applications – in fact, in any area where powerful, safe and reliable IGBT IPMs are a must.
SKiiP® Product Range
SKiiP IPMs are available in half-bridge and sixpack topologies with power ratings up to 4MW without paralleling. In addition to water and air cooling, customised cooling is also available in SKiiP 3 and SKiiP 4. Accessories for interfacing SKiiP 3 and SKiiP 4 to control boards are also available, including fiber-optic, paralleling and adapter boards.
SKiiP® 4 on Double Sided HPC
The new High Performance Cooler (HPC) is also available with double sided mounted SKiiP4. This allows maximum of power density without any loss of performance.
You can operate these two SKiiP4 IPMs individually, for example for grid and machine side of an active frontend converter, or parallel them to double the output power.