Discrete Diodes and Thyristors
Discrete diodes and thyristors for low to high-power applications. A wide range of case designs are available in voltage classes from 200V to 8000V and current ratings from 1A to 6000A.
Discrete components are used in a wide variety of applications. Particular benefits are achieved whenever high current, uncommon topologies, natural cooling or resistance to harsh conditions are required. The SEMIKRON portfolio includes axial leaded diodes up to 6A, diodes and thyristors in screw fit (stud) and capsule housings which range from 6000A and 8000V for diodes to 1200A and 1800V for thyristors.
- Easy assembly
- Hermetic sealing
- Rugged construction
- No over-voltage suppressors needed
- Robust against short term reverse overloads
- High blocking voltages possible without static or dynamic voltage sharing circuits
Discretes Key Features
- Recommended for natural convection, forced air and water cooling
- Compact case with high current capability
- Stud and disc types: forward drop selections available for easy paralleling
- Axial diodes for PCB mounting
- Standard, avalanche and fast types
Key uses include welding machines, battery chargers, electroplating, soft starters, DC motor control, AC controllers (e.g. for temperature control), alternators and many more. With sealed cases, discrete devices are convenient for both natural convection and forced cooling, allowing a broader range of applications. With over 50 years of field experience and millions of units produced every year, the SEMIKRON portfolio delivers competitive, flexible and highly reliable options.
Discretes Product Range
Discrete diodes and thyristors for low to high power applications are available in voltage classes from 200V to 8000V and current ratings from 1A to 6000A.