Discrete Diodes & Thyristors
Robust and easy to use
Discrete Diodes and Thyristors
Discrete diodes and thyristors for low to high power applications. A wide range of case designs is available in voltage classes from 200V to 8000V and current ratings from 1A to 11000A.
Discrete components are used in a wide variety of applications. Particular benefits are achieved whenever high current, uncommon topologies, natural cooling or resistance to harsh conditions are required.
The SEMIKRON portfolio includes axial leaded diodes up to 6A/2000V, screw-fit (stud) up to 600A/5000V and capsule housings up to 11000A/2200V.
- Easy assembly
- Hermetic sealing
- Rugged construction
- No overvoltage suppressors needed
- Insensitive to short term reverse overloads
- Series connection for high voltage possible without additional sharing devices
Discrete Short Facts
- Discrete diodes and thyristors for low to high power applications
- Available in voltage classes from 200V to 8000V
- Current ratings from 1A to 11000A
- Wide range of case designs
Discrete Key Features
- Recommended for natural convection, forced air and water cooling
- Compact case with high current capability
- Stud and disc types: forward drop selections available for easy paralleling
- Axial diodes for PCB mounting
- Diodes available in standard, avalanche and fast versions
Key applications include welding machines, battery chargers, electroplating, soft starters, DC motor control, AC controllers (e.g. temperature control), alternators and others. With sealed cases, discrete devices make sense for both natural convection and forced cooling, allowing their use in wider fields of application. With over 50 years of field experience and millions of units produced every year, the SEMIKRON portfolio provides options that are competitive, flexible and highly reliable.
Discrete Product Range
|Axial diodes||1A to 6A||100V to 2000V|
|HV axial screw diodes||up to 2.5A||up to 8000V|
|Stud (screw-fit) diodes||5A to 600A||200V to 5000V|
|Capsule (disc) diodes||up to 11000A||100V to 2200V|
|Stud (screw-fit) thyristors||10A to 300A||400V to 1800V|
|Capsule (disc) thyristors||340A to 1200A||400V to 1800V|