MiniSKiiP® – 2kW up to 110kW
MiniSKiiP, the Power Density Master, reaches new levels, utilizing the latest generation IGBT 7 and proven SEMIKRON packaging technologies.
In 2017 MiniSKiiP celebrated its 20th birthday. In 2018 SEMIKRON is once again demonstrating its innovation potential. With the introduction of the latest IGBT 7 chip generation, the MiniSKiiP is once again setting new standards in power density and performance for low and medium-power motor drives. Combined with the well-known advantages of the MiniSKiiP SPRiNG technology and its easy assembly process, a new benchmark in performance has been set.
Compared to conventionally soldered modules, where expensive soldering equipment and time-consuming solder processes are required, no dedicated tools are needed for MiniSKiiP assembly thanks to the single or two-screw connection. The printed circuit board (PCB), the power module and the heat sink are all assembled in a single step.
MiniSKiiP® with IGBT 7
MiniSKiiP® Production Process
MiniSKiiP® Key Features
- Current range 4A to 400A for inverter power up to 110kW with one product platform
- Comprehensive setup of topologies: CIB, 6-pack, twin 6-pack, H-bridge, half bridge, 3-level, bridge rectifiers with brake chopper
- Solder-free SPRiNG Technology for minimum assembly time thanks to single/two screw mounting
With more than two decades of experience and more than 40 million modules in the field, the MiniSKiiP platform has proven successful in all standard applications such as motor drives, servo drives, solar inverters, UPS systems and welding machines.
MiniSKiiP® Product Range
MiniSKiiP modules are designed for 600V/650V, 1200V and 1700V with 4A - 400A nominal chip currents. In addition to CIB, 6-pack, twin 6-pack, H-bridge, half-bridge and 3-level topology, customer specific modules are also available, using the latest chip technologies such as IGBT 7 in 1200V, application optimised 650V chipsets and silicon carbide. For fast evaluation, lab test boards can be ordered for every module type.
Scalable without Compromise
The Power Density Master
Combination of the latest technologies to increase the lifetime and output power of MiniSkiiP:
IGBT 7: The latest IGBT generation with low forward voltage drop as the key to maximum power density
Si3N4: Silicon nitride substrate to reduce the thermal resistance (Rth(j-s)) and increase module output power, lifetime and mechanical robustness for mission critical drives
HPTP: High Performance Thermal Paste with outstanding thermal performance, further reducing the thermal resistance and allowing for even higher output power or lower junction temperatures and consequently longer lifetime
AlCu Wire Bonds: To increase the power cycling capability of MiniSKiiP
Ultradur housing: Suitable for higher case and operating temperatures
Scalable without compromise
- One inverter design concept from 1 to 110kW, 100% PCB based: minimum assembly time with solder free SPRiNG technology; module, PCB and cooler can be mounted in one easy step
- Easy and flexible PCB routing without pin holes
- Available with pre-applied high performance thermal paste for maximum output power
- 110kW inverter design replacing copper bus bars with high power PCBs
- Based on the Power Density Master features: IGBT 7, Silicon Nitride and High Performance Thermal Paste
- System cost savings of up to 18% with fewer materials used than in baseplate module solutions
- Same module sizes and contact technologies for all the components