Scalable without Compromise
MiniSKiiP® – 2kW up to 110kW
MiniSKiiP, the Power Density Master, reaches new levels utilizing the latest generation IGBT 7 chips and proven SEMIKRON packaging technologies.
With the introduction of the latest IGBT 7 chip generation, the MiniSKiiP is once again setting new standards in power density and performance for low and medium-power motor drives. Combined with the well-known advantages of the MiniSKiiP SPRiNG technology and its easy assembly process, a new benchmark in performance has been set.
Compared to conventional soldered modules, where expensive soldering equipment and time-consuming solder processes are required, no dedicated tools are needed for MiniSKiiP assembly thanks to the single or two-screw connection. The printed circuit board (PCB), the power module and the heatsink are all assembled in a single step.
MiniSKiiP® with IGBT 7
MiniSKiiP® Production Process
MiniSKiiP® Key Features
- Current range 4A to 400A for inverter power of up to 110kW with one product platform
- Comprehensive setup of topologies: CIB, sixpack, twelvepacks, H-bridge, half-bridge, 3-level, bridge rectifiers with brake chopper
- Solder-free SPRiNG Technology for minimum assembly time thanks to single/two screw mounting
With more than two decades of experience and 45 million modules in the field, the MiniSKiiP platform has proven successful in all standard applications such as motor drives, servo drives, solar inverters, UPS systems and welding machines.
MiniSKiiP® Product Range
MiniSKiiP modules are designed for 600V/650V, 1200V and 1700V with 4A - 400A nominal chip currents. In addition to CIB, sixpack, twin sixpack, H-bridge, half-bridge and 3-level topology, customer specific modules are also available, using the latest chip technologies such as IGBT 7 in 1200V, application optimised 650V chipsets and silicon carbide. For fast evaluation, lab test boards can be ordered for every module type.
Our Solution for Motor Drives
The latest IGBT 7 chip generation:
- 20% lower forward voltage drop (Vce,sat) compared to IGBT 4
- 25% smaller chip size compared to IGBT 4
Housing size jump: 50A CIB module in smaller package
In the motor drive application:
- Up to 30% lower losses at the same output power, or up to 40% higher output power
Increased power density and lower system cost
Scalable without compromise
- One inverter design concept from 1 to 110kW, 100% PCB based: minimum assembly time with solder free SPRiNG technology; module, PCB and heatsink can be mounted in one easy step
- Easy and flexible PCB routing without pin holes
- Available with pre-applied high performance thermal paste for maximum output power
- 110kW inverter design replacing copper bus bars with high power PCBs
- Based on the Power Density Master features: IGBT 7, Silicon Nitride and High Performance Thermal Paste
- System cost savings of up to 18% with fewer materials used than in baseplate module solutions
- Same module sizes and contact technologies for all the components